Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Life Lately

Wow! I'm not sure where to even start! I'm guess I'm just going to go ahead and type until I run out of things to say. Sharon has bugged me a few times about updating my blog, so here goes nothing! This one is for you Sharebear! :)

Lets see, where to start? I am still working at JC Penney. I've been there for about a year and a half. It's definitely not the job I would like to have for the rest of my life, but it helps pay the bills for now until I finish school and can get a "big girl" job. It seems like sometimes I am so behind those I graduated high school with. So many of them are finished with their bachelors degrees and are married and have kids! That just seems ridiculously crazy to me! I used to get really frustrated over the fact that I sometimes felt like I had accomplished nothing with my life, seeming as how I had not finished school, didn't have a great job, and was neither married, or had kids. Then I came to the realization that I am not everyone else. The current state of my life is not something I need to constantly compare to others. I have had different experiences, different struggles, and also different successes than those I graduated with.

This last year has been crazy! Two of the most difficult things I've had to deal with is losing my grandpa and my sister! My grandfather passed away after his second battle with cancer. He fought so hard and lived such a wonderful life! I love him and my grandma so much and miss them both every day. I also miss my sister Sharon Marie like crazy! She married a wonderful guy named Nathan Benson and they moved to Oregon. It's one thing to lose your twin sister to marriage, but then they had to go and move to Oregon too! Oh well, if I had to lose her to anyone, I'm glad it was Nate! I love them both so much and had a wonderful time visiting them in Oregon over Halloween! :)

Two of the most wonderful things in my life include Maleah LaRue and Kaitlyn Marie! Those two little girls are so much fun, and I just can't get enough of them! They never fail to bring a smile to my face and I've never seen such beautiful girls in my entire life! My sister Sara and her husband Clay make some of the cutest little baby girls I have ever seen!

I am also so incredibly happy for my brother Marcus and his wife Shylo! They just bought a house and it couldn't have come at a better time! They have been so patient and I'm so glad they were able to get the house. I love them so much!

Another change as of lately is I am now living with my Aunt Vicky! I enjoy living here very much. She is a wonderful roommate and I'm grateful for all she does for me!

All in all, life is beautiful! Thanksgiving was wonderful, and I'm excited for Christmas! The holidays are much different this year without either one of my grandma and grandpa alive, and Sharon and Nate in Oregon, but I know I will still have a wonderful time with my family! I have wonderful family, friends, and so much to be thankful for! :)

Also, a quick side note, one of my favorite television shows is Glee! Last night they played two of my favorite songs! The first is from a classic movie which I absolutely love, Dirty Dancing. The second, is by a band called Florence & The Machine who I can't get enough of. I got SO excited when they started playing these two songs! I was absolutely giddy, smiling from ear to ear. Music is amazing! Videos of both songs are posted below! Oh, how I love these songs and Glee! :)

I've Had The Time of My Life



Dog Days Are Over



Well, I think that's all for now! Peace out and keep smiling! Happy Holidays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment